Here are some links and contacts to help you stay informed with what is going on in Fullerton. Thanks to Community Development Director Al Zelinka who forwarded this to me to share with you.
- ELIST. Please follow this link to subscribe to the Fullerton eList (email and/or text notifications on a variety of topics of interest to you): http://www.cityoffullerton.com/about/citizen_support/elists.asp (this link also connects you with the Police Department’s iWatch service).
- FULLERTON GENERAL PLAN. Please following this link to learn more about The Fullerton Plan (as Zelinka noted, the first public review draft general plan is being reviewed by the City’s many commissions and committees for comments – except the Planning Commission; in October, The Fullerton Plan will begin the public hearing process with the Planning Commission and then City Council): http://www.cityoffullerton.com/depts/dev_serv/general_plan_update/default.asp
- DOWNTOWN CORE AND CORRIDORS SPECIFIC PLAN. Following is the link to this project. As noted, it has not officially kicked off due to the uncertainty of redevelopment. Please review this site to get an understanding of the project. More will be posted on the website over the next several weeks. The City will be outreaching to the community to announce opportunities for involvement as soon as the project is kicked off. http://www.cityoffullerton.com/depts/dev_serv/development_activity/downtown_core/default.asp
- COLLEGETOWN. Following are two links with more information on Collegetown; additional information will be posted in the coming weeks. http://www.cityoffullerton.com/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=6775 and http://www.cityoffullerton.com/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=6770
- CITY COUNCIL AND PLANNING COMMISSION & PUBLIC NOTICES. Please check regularly the following link to learn of the upcoming (and past) items on the agenda of the Planning Commission and City Council – your participation in these decision-making meetings is welcomed and encouraged: http://www.cityoffullerton.com/about/meetings_live.asp#bodyTop . You can also follow the attached link regarding public notices: http://www.cityoffullerton.com/weblink8/Browse.aspx?dbid=1&startid=380557
- GRAFFITI REMOVAL. The following link provides information on the City’s graffiti removal services: http://www.cityoffullerton.com/depts/maintenance/graffiti_removal.asp You may also report graffiti to: GraffitiH@ci.fullerton.ca.us and (714) 738-3108.
- CODE ENFORCEMENT. Information on the City’s code enforcement services may be found at: http://www.cityoffullerton.com/depts/dev_serv/code_enforcement/default.asp You may also report code enforcement issues to the Code Enforcement Complaint 24-hour Hotline (714)773-5704. As noted last night, confidentiality is maintained for all who report issues.
- CITY SERVICE NEEDS. The following link is a central clearinghouse to assist the community in reporting issues. Please bookmark this link as it is a great resource for you to report a wide array (from abandoned shopping carts to broken sidewalks) of issues that may need attention by the City: http://www.cityoffullerton.com/about/citizen_support/service_requests/default.asp#bodyTop . Please always remember that City staff are here to serve you – by serving as additional eyes and ears of your neighborhood, City staff is more effective at addressing important quality of life issues.
- PROJECTS. Following are several links regarding projects. A) Engineering projects in construction: http://www.cityoffullerton.com/depts/engineering/projects_in_construction/default.asp B) Engineering projects in design: http://www.cityoffullerton.com/depts/engineering/project_development_n_design/default.asp C) Development activity: http://www.cityoffullerton.com/depts/dev_serv/development_activity/default.asp
- SIGNALS. Several community members voiced concerns about traffic signals. Please follow this link to learn how to share your concerns with the Engineering Department. http://www.cityoffullerton.com/depts/engineering/traffic_engineering_n_signals/signal_complaints.asp You may also call: (714) 738-6899 or (714) 738-6845
- STREET CONDITIONS. Following is a link to the current street improvement projects. http://www.cityoffullerton.com/depts/engineering/projects_in_design/streets.asp Also, please see the Capital Improvement Program for the approved budgets for different capital improvements, including street improvements (any question re: the CIP can be directed to the Director of Engineering, Don Hoppe, at (714) 738-6845) http://www.cityoffullerton.com/civica/filebank/blobdload.asp?BlobID=7459 You can also report potholes and other street issues at the “City Service Needs” link above.
- ECONOMIC DEVELOPMENT. As was discussed at the "Community Dialogues", there is much the City needs to do to proactively address economic development. Zelinka says the City, Chamber of Commerce, CSUF, and many other organizations and individuals have been focused on creating a strong proactive economic development program. The City economic development coordinator is Nicole Bernard – please call her at 714-738-4102 with any ideas you have. Some of the available resources pertaining to economic development include: A) EDAT – Economic Development Action Team (see http://www.cityoffullerton.com/depts/eco_dev/edat/edat.asp) B) “Fullerton’s Most Wanted Businesses” survey – please provide your input: http://www.cityoffullerton.com/depts/eco_dev/edat/retailsurvey.asp#bodyTop C) Commercial and Industrial Property Search tool - http://www.cityoffullerton.com/depts/eco_dev/realestate.asp
It's easy to sit at home and post comments on blogs and complain on Facebook. It takes character, concern, and desire to get up, step up, speak up, and offer up solutions for what most will agree is a broken and neglected community. It's up to us.