The following labor reforms will create millions of jobs!Ok, when you're done snickering at the ignorance behind these reforms just remember this is the perfect utopia for socialists who want to reward laziness and punish hard work.
1. NO ONE may work more than 40 hours per week, unless it is a truly emergency situation. This will create a MILLION NEW JOBS.
2. EVERYONE may start enjoying non-mandatory retirement benefits at age 55. This will create a MILLION NEW JOBS.
3. EVERYONE will get 6 weeks paid vacation every year. This will create a MILLION NEW JOBS.
4. EVERYONE will receive very low cost health care . This will create a MILLION NEW JOBS.
5. EVERYONE will have access to free public education from kindergarten to post-graduate level. This will create a MILLION NEW JOBS.
Five Labor Reforms, Five Million New Jobs!
Let's do a play by play analysis:
1) If NO ONE worked more than 40 hours per week, some Fullerton fire fighters wouldn't able to DOUBLE their salary. Hmm, maybe that's not so bad. But seriously, if we all SHARED the work, we would all SHARE the profit. In this case, some would profit because others would loose. And neither person would have a choice. No, if I want to work my ass off for extra money, I should be able to.
2) If everyone got paid to stay home or go fishing at age 55 and they got "non-mandatory benefits" (not sure what those would entail), we would have some of our smartest, brightest, and skillful people not contributing to the work load. Few people retire at 55 without re-entering the workforce. This is where the double-dippers are born.
3) This is great. If EVERYONE got 6 weeks of paid vacation we would be even LESS productive than we are now. This reform would mean I couldn't cash out the accrued time to buy a new car because I would be forced and paid not to work. That would lead to a loss of MY productivity.
4) Obamacare. We see what that did for us. For this first time in 30+ years my private employer has to pass along the cost of insurance in order to maintain the same basic policy we've had for years. On top of that, if I canceled the insurance, I would be arrested and imprisoned! Not to mention that under these suggested reforms, the doctors and nurses would all be on vacation. And for that matter, who would want to go into medicine if you can't earn a high salary. If healthcare is CHEAP, I mean "low cost", how will they pay off there student debt? Oh but they wouldn't have any student debt, thanks to reform #5.
5) FREE PUBLIC EDUCATION! If you can't beat 'em, give'em the store. So, how do we pay the teachers??? How would we pay for the classrooms and books???
These are all nice pipe dreams but unfortunately, they only work for awhile. Once people see that they can't get ahead in life and that there is no hope, no American dream, no reward for hard work and effort, the party is over and the wall comes down. People need to believe that they can have whatever they want if they work hard enough and smart enough. Without that hope, there is nothing.