Although the sign says ALL SERVICES AVAILABLE AT THE HUNT BRANCH, it should also read LIMITED SERVICES AVAILABLE HERE. In fact, it should say VERY FEW BOOKS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE HERE - USE HUNT BRANCH.
As it turns out, the only books available at the main branch, at least as of Sunday, were some children's books. Granted, my son is 13, the book he was looking for though was certainly not a children's book.
Fearing more wasted time, $20 less in my bank account and an hour later, my son had a book from Borders and I was back to putting away my camping gear.
The lessons learned by my son:
- Government rarely knows best what the People need;
- Sometimes you have to pay a premium to get what you want;
- Waste comes in many forms;
- Don't procrastinate;
- Some signs don't accurately convey the intended message;
- Homework on weekends sucks.
- Even a 13-year old can spot a dysfunctional system.